We provide culturally appropriate services to a specific body of students with one-on-one student appointments, phone calls and emails for: advising, first level counselling, financial aid, scholarships, funding options, career counselling, daycare, and housing. We listen and support students with academic or personal concerns as they explore, define, plan, and achieve their career and educational goals throughout their educational journey.
• Explore and develop your educational and career goals in a supported environment.
• Change programs, courses, and get assistance with timetabling and registration.
• Information about funding options for Status and Métis students as well as Aboriginal bursaries, scholarships, awards, and student loans.
• Access to a range of academic workshops, tutoring, one-on-one writing and research opportunities.
• Assistance finding accommodations and day care.
• Opportunities to participate in feasts, Aboriginal themed educational events and to witness traditional cultural presentations from the four Vancouver Island Nations (Coast Salish, Nuu chah nulth, Kwakwaka’wakw and Métis).
For More Information
Phone, email, or drop by Shq'apthut to make an appointment.